The Folk Federation is delighted to offer a grant of up to $500, and is inviting individuals and groups to indicate their interest.
Applications are open to Tasmanian resident folk musicians, songwriters, dancers, singers, poets, luthiers, organisers of folk events or folk artists. The money could be used for someone to attend a particular event, to bring someone here, to buy resources or equipment, to produce a CD, to produce “protest” or historical songs, in the folk tradition, and present them in concert, or something equally appropriate which would benefit the Tasmanian folk community.
In 2015, the Folk Grant was shared by Ethereal Ensemble, who are publishing a book of original poems, music scores, chord charts and images and The Harp Society of Tasmania Inc, who ran a hands-on “all things harp” weekend Harp Festival in Westbury last October.
Applications should include;
- The proposal.
- A timeline.
- A budget.
- An explanation of the focus of the project.
- How the use of the money would benefit the Tasmanian folk community.
- How the use of this money would enhance personal or group skills.
- Your current involvement in the Tasmanian folk community.
- On whose behalf the money is sought (personal or for a group).
- The form of feedback or resource, which would be given back to the folk community after the completion of the project (for example, a letter to the FFT Committee, a Drumbeat article, a presentation or talk, a written paper, or a booklet).
The timeline for the event;
- The event is to take place in 2016-2017 and to be completed by 30th June, 2017.
- The deadline for applications is 31st May, 2016.
Applications: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further enquiries: Cathy 6273 2127
Please note that the FFT Committee will consider all proposals at the June meeting and that the decision of the Committee will be ﬁnal.