The Folk Federation of Tasmania Inc is a voluntary community group.
Our aim is to present, support and encourage folk music, dance, art, folklore and all folk activities as they exist in all their forms. We provide a link to similar organisations throughout Australia for all those interested in the folk arts.
- Organises about 200 dances and dance classes around the state each year, in various different traditions
- Runs an annual Song and Tune Writing Award competition and concert
- Runs an annual Ferntree Frolics music session
- Organises occasional concerts and sessions
- Assists with the dance programme at the Cygnet Folk Festival
- Offers a small ($500) annual grant for a folk activity or event which would benefit the Tasmanian folk community
- Publishes a magazine, Drumbeat, promoting and recording Tasmanian folk events and culture
- Promotes folk events to the general community through social media and local broadcasters, including running an email list, web site, Facebook page, Facebook group and Meetup group
- Provides information and referrals to the public about folk events and artists
- Provides bookings, promotion and support for Tasmanian folk artists and for visiting interstate and international artists
- In general, provides and builds a vibrant folk community and networking between organisers, artists and participants in many different spheres of folk music and dancing.
- Contact Us
- Join the FFT
- Join our Email List
- Special Events (on Facebook, but you don’t need a Facebook account to view it)
- Regular Events